Monday, June 27, 2005

Looks like I spoke too soon on phones (in more ways than one).

From Local 29 President Greg Borg

Mayor West,

I returned to work today, Sunday 26th to find that our phone were out on the 23rd and the computers would not let us log on today. One of the people on my shift was able to get the secondary computer to work so I could read and answer my e-mails. While I appreciate Garv's answer it does not answer my questions. Can we get a telephone line in the station that works until this is fixed? I know Qwest can have a phone installed by Wednesday, on a phone line that works all the time. Can our computers be taken off line until you fix them so we can have access?

I am having people use my personal e-mail so I can get city notices. I am using my cell phone to do city business. I thought the system might be fixed when we returned. It has been a week.

Respectfully, Greg

No comments: