Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Note from Doug Bacon

For those of you who were unable to attend Lori’s memorial service, I’ve attached a copy of the funeral program.

I believe it was a very nice service. The pastor told us he estimated the attendance at 1000 people, maybe more. Which shows what both Lori and Mike mean to a lot of people.

Most of us have been affected by the loss of a loved one, it is never easy. I think how badly I feel and then realize that I haven’t any idea how Mike feels.

Mike, Duke & I are so very glad that we have you. It is comforting to know that we have this giant extended family to support us in this.

On behalf of Mike and his family, I would like to make sure that all of you know how overwhelming your encouragement means to him and all of his family.

Camaraderie & support is the foundation of the fire service, and these thoughts of support from you reinforce that.

Doug

No comments: