Tuesday, October 27, 2009

EBOARD CANDIDATE LETTER!

Hello. John Griffith here. I am running for e-board. I was on it years ago, but after my initial term, didn’t run again because of some time constraints.

When I was on the e-board, one of my goals was to establish better lines of communication between union members and also between the union, the citizens and the news media. I maintained this role after my term expired. For many years now, I have continued to edit the newsletter, blog the blog, write press statements, forge relationships with our elected officials and create multi-media epics and underwhelming street theater.

My PR work has been a key topic in senior staff meetings, resulting in the occasional Informational Notice.

Not being on the e-board, yet having the job of “spreading the word,” sometimes leads to an incomplete picture of what’s going on in our union. If elected, once again, I would know more of what’s going on, and I would let you know. In the past, I always brought your concerns to the table, and sometimes was a lone dissenter because I thought it was the right thing to do.

You know what you’re getting if I am elected. I will even “amp it up,” as the kids say. Because of that, or in spite of that, I am asking for your vote.

I would be happy to answer any questions, or hear your concerns. Just click on the Foss head in the upper-right corner.

Thank you,

John Griffith

No comments: