Thursday, December 21, 2006

Greg Borg Letter

To all my brothers and sisters,

Here we are, a few days from Christmas and the election is not over yet! Never before in my 31 years as a firefighter and 29 years of union involvement have I seen a tie in an election. This says a lot about your mood and thinking. Thank you for the reality check.

But first, a big thanks to all of you who have trusted me with your vote. I have talked with Doug Bacon and Dan Renner to get their input about what people are telling them. Thanks to them for their insights and their endorsements for my reelection. I have also talked to many of you during this campaign process about your concerns. This job of union president is never easy, and when decisions are made many may be happy with the result, but some are not. I have strived to do my best for everyone; that is my job as union president. It is also important to protect the minority’s view and make sure they are respectfully heard. In six years of decisions, I have made some mistakes and perhaps not followed through for the minority view when I should have. Needless to say, I have learned a lot in the past two months of campaigning. Thank you.

With your support, together we can fix the things that you want fixed and foster better communication to make job improvements for all of us. I have heard your worries and unease, and I am making the adjustments that I need to make.

The elections committee is mailing the ballots Friday the 22nd, so we can have the election complete by the January 9th union meeting.

I will be in the office over the next two weeks. If you need anything or have ideas, please call or stop by.

Merry Christmas to you and your families. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year!

In unity, Greg

No comments: