Friday, January 05, 2007

Santa Float Video RIP

Well, the Season is pretty much over. I hope your Christmas and New Year was great!

About a week ago, I was forwarded an email from a member who said that an anonymous citizen complained about our Santa Float video. I was a bit puzzled, as I have received nothing but good comments about the video. I heard from you, Local 29 members, and from total strangers who really enjoyed it. They were very complimentary about the whole operation (again thanks to Stn 8) and they thought the video was funny and family-friendly. It received well over 600 viewings Again, there was nothing but positive feedback, except from this one member.

I offered to meet with the offended member and see if there was more to his offense than this video, or what offended him about it. I offered to meet with the “anonymous citizen.” Yet, my offer went unanswered. The citizen, to this day, remains anonymous. I have only heard through the grapevine that the complaining member was offended by the kazoo music, the musical flatulent noises and that, at times, Santa is wearing a scary clown mask. I don’t know if this is true because this person will not meet with me, or talk to me on the phone.

As the holidays are over, and frankly this is taking up too much of my time, I have decided to block the You Tube feed of the Santa Float video. I apologize to all of you who have been enjoying it. I also apologize to the families who have been enjoying it in Spokane and across the United States of America, but I suspect we’ve all moved on from Christmas. No, I don’t have any Easter videos planned yet.

Maybe a yearly Local 29 Santa Float video on YouTube would be a good idea every Christmas. We received a lot of good PR from this one. So, those of you who are video-inclined be thinking about that for next year.

Thanks for reading the blog and for your words of encouragement!

John

No comments: