Thursday, February 04, 2010

A very nice note.

Engine 3 stopped, blocked rush hour traffic and then pushed this lady's Suburban off of Maple St, back in November. In December, she sent us this really nice note. It is a slow news day, so I thought I would share this. Most of the time, you never find out how things turn out after we help somebody on a regular call, let alone just helping someone you come upon while returning to the station. So it was really neat to hear from her and find out what caused her vehicle and her family to be stranded in the middle of a busy arterial. If you ever get any notes like this, send them my way and we'll post them.

On 11 -- 23 -- 09, my truck broke down just north of the Maple Street Bridge. Fire Truck #3 stopped and assisted me. I am so thankful for your help that day... It was cold, I had all three of my kids in the truck, on my way to drop two off at school. Our family just wanted to again tell you all thank you for your help!

You don't know how much I appreciated your assistance... By the way, it was our fuel pump. It went out. Bummer... But we are so thankful we were all safe.

Merry Christmas from our family to all of yours! The Spokane community is very fortunate to have you!

From: the McCandless/Merritt Family.

No comments: