Tuesday, October 27, 2009

EBOARD CANDIDATE LETTER!

Dan Strobeck is running for E board

Our union is only as strong as the effort put into it by its members. Thankfully our previous representatives have been there for us. After many years of letting someone else do the hard work and put a tremendous amount of time into our union, it’s time for some of us to take on bigger roles. I’ve been there when the union calls for help, door belling and sign waving. Now our union needs our help. The union, now more than ever, needs to be strong in these tough economic times. Without a doubt, we face many tough opponents who will try to divide and conquer us. However, a continued vigilance is necessary to face up to the difficult challenges ahead.

In my many duty stations (14’s, 13’s, 3’s, 8’s, 1’s) I have had an opportunity to work with a huge variety of people. I’ve worked on BLS pumper ladders (way old PL14 now in field house), ALS pumper ladders and squads, BLS engines and ALS engines. With this background and perspective I believe I can help our union maintain its strong commitment and dedication to our members.

Thanks for reading this and please consider me for E board,
Dan Strobeck

No comments: